VF Corporation Vans Loyalty Content Manager in Costa Mesa, California
Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through Vans’ four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans our culture sets us apart and it influences everything we do. Everything we do supports creativity and we are driven by our five values. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take great pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as leadership, communication, collaboration and technical skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and developing to the pace of our rapidly growing business. By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed into an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Content Manager, Loyalty: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
This newly created position plays a critical role in the on-going management of our “Vans Family” loyalty program. The Content Manager is responsible for supporting marketing program logistics, which includes managing Vans Family related campaign strategy and execution. Vans Family marketing has two main roles: 1. Promote the program to drive enrollment and member engagement. 2. Serve as its own brand marketing channel that delivers personalized brand messages to members that align with Vans’ marketing calendar.
You will be accountable for planning, execution, analysis and reporting of loyalty campaigns. You will report to the Director of Loyalty and work closely with partners in Marketing, Creative, Events, Stores, eCommerce and Finance.
This position currently supports the program in the US but may expand by taking on global responsibilities over time. This role requires experience in managing multiple workflows in parallel, project management and relies heavily on building strong relationships internally and externally, and project management.
How You Will Make a Difference:
· Partner with global and regional marketing teams to ensure Vans Family is integrated in brand, product, event, communication and action sport marketing strategies.
· Support ideation and planning for how Vans Family aligns to brand stories, product stories, and IRL events
· Partner with brand communication, creative, social media, store and eCom teams on amplification of Vans Family stories and activities across all communication platforms.
· Work cross-functionally with Brand Experience team to elevate campaigns and events for Vans Family members.
· Represent the loyalty team within the region’s “go-to-market process”.
· Develop test & learn plans to optimize loyalty marketing tactics.
· Evolve and support member enrollment and engagement strategies.
· Produce creative briefs (includes creative ask for relevant marketing channels), content briefs for program platform and legal terms & conditions .
· Manage program calendar, cross-functional stakeholder approval, and campaign execution.
- Stage, test, and launch content.
· Travel to Vans events to execute and to activate program activities and assist elsewhere onsite as needed.
· Reporting of campaign results in partnership with the analytics team.
· Ensure thorough and timely communication to key stakeholders (e.g. senior management, product organization, regional leads).
· Organize meetings/events and maintain agendas.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5-7 years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
· A minimum of 5 years general project and marketing management experience or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Experience working in the retail industry
· Experience managing contractors
· Bachelor’s Degree/BA or equivalent Marketing degree from four-year college or University - or eight years related experience and/or training - or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Extensive knowledge of the youth culture and music, art, and fashion industries.
· Must be process-oriented.
· Proven record of owned product, event, and experiential marketing projects.
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects and integrated campaigns, set goals, and prioritize tasks.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to lead and influence within a matrix organization.
· Ability to work independently and acquire new knowledge as necessary for tasks or projects.
· Ability to track and manage budgets.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
· Travel by air and overnight, as required 10-15% of time.
· Lifting and/or bending 25 lbs of weight.
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with global iconic brands, 64,000 associates and $12.4 billion in revenue. Our businesses and brands are organized into four categories called coalitions, comprising: Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, and Sportswear. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our One VF culture and approach to doing business provide a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.